This month marked a special milestone...Mommy returned back to work. My first day back was Monday, March 3rd, and Grandma is your fulltime sitter while I'm gone. I must say, it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. I mean, of course I missed my little guy, but no tears were shed, an no worries were had. I felt comfortable leaving you in the hands of your grandma, and I knew you would be just fine. Everyone at work kept asking me how I was holding up, and honestly, I told them I was just fine. I manage to call at least once during my shift to check in. I guess with Noah being the second child and all, it wasn't as hard as it was with my first.
February/March has been pretty much a rollercoaster in regards to the weather. I've tried to get you outside as much as I can, but it's hard with us moving the first of March. I've been busy trying to pack up the house, and then when we moved, attempting to unpack the house. It's been a challenge, that's for sure. But now that the weather is warming up, we are able to do more outdoor activities.
Noah is starting to get into a routine, but it can be sporadic at times. He wakes up for the day anywhere between 5:30 and 7:30am, eats, and then plays for a couple hours. A morning nap usually occurs after that, and he will sleep anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours (depending on where he is at). Again, he will be awake for another 1-2 hours, and then take his long afternoon nap that lasts about 2 hours. In the mid-late afternoon, he will be awake for the longest of the day, lasting anywhere from 2-5 hours. He is typically down for the night between 7:30-8:30pm.
Feeding: Since going back to work, we have had to figure out how much milk to give per bottle/feeding. I was basically guessing based on how often he eats and with what he should be eating per day (average of 25 ounces), and went with 3-3.5 ounces per bottle. This worked out the first week, and when we got to the weekend, I decided to go with 3.5-4 ounces per bottle. He still eats every 3 hours while awake during the day, sometimes more frequently when we are home. He seemed to be somewhat satisfied with what I was giving him, but when we went to the breastfeeding group, I found out that he was eating 5.4 ounces. I'm hoping that this was just Noah being an overachiever, and that I wasn't really starving him. I talked to the lactation consultant about it, and she said not to worry, and probably start giving him about 4 ounces per bottle every 3 hours. He never seems like he is hungry all the time, and he is pretty much a happy camper in between feedings, so I went with it. Currently, we are giving him 4 ounces per bottle every 3 hours when I'm at work. He seems to take to the bottles rather well, and gets them down in 10 minutes or less.
Sleep: During the day, naptime will typically happen when he is either being held or in the swing. We have been trying to get him to sleep in his own bed (starting with the pack and play) at night, but he isn't having it. He will still sleep in bed with me at night since it is more convenient for feedings. I swore I wasn't going to let this happen with the second child, but sure enough, sleep will get the best of you. I'm going to keep at it, and try to get him to sleep in the pack and play at night. However, he is favoring sleeping on his tummy or side, and I am well aware that he shouldn't be. He wakes up about 2-3 times per night (still averaging out every 3 hours) to eat, but goes back to sleep pretty easily. It seems that he mainly nurses at night for comfort rather than for a full feeding. He gets pretty restless after 3-4 am, which makes it very hard for mommy and daddy to get any sleep from that point on.
Weight: 12 pounds 7.6 ounces
Height: not measured
Clothing: We are still in size 1 diapers, 0-3 month pants, and 3-6 month onesies. He upgraded to the size 3-6 month footed sleepers this month (mainly because his feet are so long and have a hard time fitting into anything smaller). We aren't wearing any shoes yet. He is beginning to slowly outgrow his 0-3 month outfits that we have.
Likes: tummy time, activity mat, bumbo, colors on the television, being outside, swinging, cooing, taking a bath, looking at his reflection in a mirror
Dislikes: sleeping in his own bed, sleeping on his back, being swaddled, being in his carseat
Milestones this month: slept through the night (2/10/14), rolled over from back to tummy (2/18/14), grasping toys, interacting with his activity mat toys, laughing, cooing/talking
No comments:
Post a Comment