First off, I was showing much earlier than my first, which is to be expected. But by earlier, I mean, by 8-10 weeks. Now that could have just been my belly fat that never went away from the first pregnancy, but I felt bloated enough to feel pregnant and showing. I had to buy maternity clothes around week 17 since the hair tie method just wasn't working out anymore. What sucks about buying maternity clothes is that they are so expensive! I mean c'mon, who wants to spend $200 on a pair of jeans that you are only going to wear for 6 months?! That was outrageous! Of course, I went with the simple $50 jeans I found. I don't even spend that much on jeans when I'm not pregnant.
Second, I did experience some first trimester nausea. Lucky for me though, it was mild. No vomiting at 5am here. Mainly my symptoms came on when it had been too long in between meals. I also had bloating (as mentioned before). I don't remember these symptoms when I was pregnant the first time (considering I didn't even really find out how far along I was until I was 10.5 weeks along). The only symptom that I do remember from before is the fatigue. I could literally sleep all day long if I had the chance. Unfortunately this time around, I have a 3 year old running around that needs to be tended to, so that wasn't happening. Around 15 weeks, I started with another unbearable symptom. I had some serious pain in my lower back/upper legs/butt area. It was excruciating to the point I couldn't move around. I talked to my doctor about it, and he suggested that I get a back brace. Well after trying those on, I knew that wasn't going to happen. They aren't very comfortable, and with my job of getting up and down multiple times a day (I work as a nurse in a hospital), I couldn't imagine having to readjust it every 5 minutes. So that was a no-go. So around week 24, I decided to break down and see a chiropractor. I've been 3 times, and didn't really have a lot of relief, but he did teach me some stretches and techniques to make it easier to do my everyday activities.
We did have out sonogram at 20 weeks to find out that we are having a boy. We actually knew around 15 weeks based on some blood testing we had done, but the sono basically confirmed what we already knew. Of course, he wasn't cooperating so we just got the scary alien looking head shots instead of the cute profile most people get when having sonograms done. This little guy is more active than I remember my first one to be. He is all up in my side and under my ribs. He likes to give me indigestion and keep me up at night by making my legs go numb if I lie on my side for too long. I have tried the body pillow thing, and it just doesn't do it for me. Neither do medications like Benadryl (in hopes I could just sleep through it). I think I am just set to be miserable during the rest of my pregnancy. And isn't the third trimester supposed to be worse? Yikes.
Overall, I know I am complaining a lot about being pregnant. And it may seem that I do have it rough (or maybe I just had it easy with my first). But I do enjoy being pregnant and feeling my little guy moving constantly. When people ask me how I am doing, I most always say I am doing well. And the past few days, my pain hasn't been too bad. I know the end result will be the most rewarding, and I will probably say I would do it again sometime in the future (if the hubby agrees). The countdown has started to DD....only 11 more weeks to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment