Monday, January 14, 2013

Just Getting Started

Yeah, that's me. I made a resolution this year to get fit, just like everyone else. But it's really hard to start it all at once. So I decided to start exercising first, then I will work on eating better later. So since the first of January, I have been running/walking on the treadmill. So far, I have done some sort of activity everyday (except for 3 days), which I think is pretty good considering it's the 14th of the month! The hard part, getting motivated to do so. Sometimes, I don't even want to get up and put my workout gear on, even though I have laid it out so I can be reminded in the morning.

So anyways, I am going to attempt to link up with Ashley on mondays, but I know she is having a baby soon, so I can't say if there will be a link every week. I applaud her for sticking with something for so long. She has been a huge inspiration for me. I've known Miss Ashley since grade school, and although we were never 'close' friends, she's always been sweet to everyone. I even was lucky to have her design my wedding invitations, and she does an amazing job! ~ okay, enough with the plugs, lets get back on track :)

So, running for me was never easy. I used to be a lot better last year. Granted it wasn't great, but it was better than I am doing now. Then, I was able to run about 2 miles at 5.5 miles per hour pace. Now, I am lucky if I can finish my 1 mile at 5.5 mph. Thats been my goal so far with restarting this. I plan to run at least a mile everytime. I walk a little, then try to run another half mile. Its harder than I thought it would be. Maybe that's because I did just have surgery about a month ago. My body may be trying to get back into the swing of things.

I'm not sure if I am doing this to lose weight (although that would be nice), or if I am doing it to get into better shape. I haven't really lost any weight since I started, but I haven't gained any either. I guess that is good considering my diet has consisted of lots of donuts, candy, chocolate, pasta, and anything else I can get my hands on. I found a saying on pinterest that was on a water bottle "I like running, because I really, really, really, really like dessert". I found that fitting for my situation.

So, my goal is to keep at it and try to make some progress. I would like to run another 5K, but without having to stop to walk. Running on the treadmill makes running easier, I think, so I also hope to get outside and run the trails/streets around my area. Right now, I will just stick to the treadmill :)

**I am linking up with Ashley over at The Domestic Wannabe for Move it Monday, but I have no idea on how to add in a button on these posts, so any help would be appreciated!**

No comments:

Post a Comment